Monday, September 27, 2010

The Italian Place

Location:

 569 N State St.
 Lindon, UT 84042
 801-796-5622
Critque:

The Italian Place serves up some great sandwiches and salads, with the Steak & Cheese being their speciality. Their sandwiches come in 3 different sizes: Half ($4.79) Full ($6.99) and The Monster ($9.29). I usually order a Full and a water which brings my bill to about $7.50, but I think in the future (because the full is so filling) I might cut back to only the half sandwich and get it in the combo meal for the same price. The combo meal comes with a drink and your choice of a salad or potato chips. Today I had a Full Philly `n' Everything, slightly modified to my liking. The Philly `n' Everything comes with: Steak, mushrooms, cream cheese, green peppers, onions & tomatoes. I like to add marinara sauce to the mix to give it that little extra bit a flavor. Today's sandwich was good as always, my only complaint being the roll (bun, hero) that they use is always on the dry and on the brittle side (I believe this is probably a roll that is close to what is used in the boroughs of New York City). If they were to change the roll to something more of egg style roll (I like the heavier feel of the bread) I think that the overall sandwich will benefit from it and would be better. The meat in today's sandwich seemed to be chopped up a bit finer than normal and I prefer larger chunks of meat to give the sandwich more texture which my mouth seems to enjoy. Overall I quite enjoy The Italian Place, and I frequent the establishment often, which says a lot because I have rarely found a place out West that serves a Philly style cheese steak that is worth eating at more than once.

Ratings:


Today's Sandwich: 7
Overall Sandwich: 7
Customer Service: 8
Overall Satisfaction: 7

URL: 
The Italian Place

The Italian Place on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment