Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Smokehouse Pizza & BBQ

Location:

  214 E University Pkwy
  Orem, UT 84058-7601

Critique:


Today the lunch crew and I went to Smokehouse off of a recommendation of a friend of mine, he recommend the pizza, but being a lover of a good cheese steak I had to give their cheese steak a try.

The atmosphere had a typical BBQ feel to it, large bench like tables, and a wonderful smell of smoked meat. Our waitress was friendly when she greeted us and was cheerful about helping us to decide what side dish we wanted with our food.  They provided a number of different side dishes ranging from baked beans, to fries.  I ended up choosing coleslaw.


The cheese steak featured slow roasted smoke meat, with a house BBQ sauce green peppers and grilled onions. So far so good.

Usually when talking about food one would pretty much describe the taste and that description alone would be enough to determine if the food was good or bad, but in this instance I am going to have to bring in texture.  The cheese steak had a wonderful BBQ flavor and the meat was very tender, but here lies the problem I had with it.  The meat was too tender. Yes I said it the meat was too tender.  This might not be a problem with most people, but with me it made it very difficult to eat.  In my mind I already have an idea of what I think a sandwich should be like, so I am expecting to chew my meat, but in this case the meat was so tender it came across as more of a meat paste than meat. The only way I can describe this is the difference between eating a banana and eating a mushed up banana.  If you have ever had to eat a mushed up banana then you know what I am talking about.

The cost of my sandwich and coleslaw after tax was nine bucks and seven cents.  It was a filling meal, but defiantly was a little more than I like to spend on lunch.

After eating my Philly cheese steak, I had wished I would have gone with the known classic, their pulled pork sandwich, where the tenderness of the meat could have been fully appreciated.  The next time I eat here, I will be ordering the pulled pork sandwich or a pizza.

Rating:

Today's Sandwich: 6
Customer Service: 8
Overall Satisfaction: 6

URL:

Smokehouse Pizza & BBQ

Smoke House Pizza & BBQ on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment