Thursday, November 18, 2010

Magleby's Fresh

Location:

  135 S. State Street
  Lindon, UT 84042

Critique:

Today's choice for lunch was Magleby's Fresh in Lindon. My first impression upon walking into the restaurant was "Wow there are a lot women who eat here" (for some reason there was an abundance of women, most with kids, eating there for lunch today.)

I had heard that the Philly Cheese steaks at Magleby's Fresh were pretty good, so I decided it was time to try one out. Once I arrived and was inside the restaurant the pictures of different menu items, that were on the walls, kept making me want to change my mind about what I wanted to eat. The fish and chips kept calling my name, and I had to constantly remind myself that I was here for the Cheese steak.

Their Philly Cheese steak came with all my favorite toppings for a cheese steak: Peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms and of course, cream cheese.  All of their sandwiches also came with a choice of one of the follow side dishes: Fries, mashed potatoes, coleslaw, sauteed vegetables, or fresh fruit.

I went with their fries, which are battered before being fried, giving them an additional crispiness that I thoroughly enjoyed.  The sandwich itself was of a good size, and was visually appetizing. The first thing that I noticed with my first bite was that the hoagie bun was slightly toasted which added a new degree of texture to the sandwich that I was not expecting, but liked a lot.  The meat was cut up in small enough pieces so I didn't have to tear it with my teeth in order to take a bite, but big enough to give it some substance when chewing. The vegetables were also cut into larger sizes, which I prefer. I felt it gave them more of a presence in the sandwich, where as with many cheese steaks that I have eaten they seem to get lost in the over all build of the sandwich, and to top it all off it was smothered with cream cheese. I am a cream cheese kind of guy, so for it to be offered as part of the sandwich without me having to order it special, I think that is top notch.  One of the key touches to the sandwich though was the fresh cracked black pepper which in my opinion just makes the sandwich that much better.


So to sum up my experience.  The fries were good, the sandwich was great, and I walked away very full, all for eight dollars and seven cents.

Now for the tough questions:

Would I go back to Magleby's Fresh to eat another Philly Cheese steak? Yes.
Was the food worth they money? Yes.
Would I go back to Magleby's Fresh to eat? Yes.

I would recommend this restaurant to any person, regardless of what you like to eat you can find something on their menu you are going to love.


Rating:


Today's Sandwich: 8
Overall Sandwich: 8
Customer Service: 8
Overall Satisfaction: 8


URL:


Magleby's Fresh

For an additional review, check out my buddies blog.
Big John Reviews: Good Carrot Cake Average Food

Magleby's Fresh on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment