Thursday, August 11, 2011

Charley's Grilled Subs

The lunch crew headed to the mall today to find something to eat at the food court. I had actually brought a lunch with me to work and was intending to only come along for the ride. I was surprised to see the number of name brand fast food joints in the food court (I hadn't been there in years.) One place that stood out for me was Charley's Grilled Subs. There is something about a grilled steak sub that just speaks to me so I ended up deciding to give them a try.

Location:
575 University Pkwy
Orem, UT 84097
(801) 762-0888

Price of Meal:
Steak & Fries $5.00
Fry Sauce $0.25
Steak upgrade $0.20
Total cost of meal + tax = $5.88

Critique:
I think I have a preconceived notion about mall food court food, that all food purchased at a food court will be more expensive with smaller portions. In the case of Charley's Grilled Subs I would say that the price was actually pretty good, but the portions were smaller.

Charley's Grilled Subs has a Steak & Fry deal for $5 bucks. Not a bad deal at all. I upgraded my sandwich from the standard sandwich of steak, grilled onions, and provolone to the deluxe which came with steak, grilled onions, green peppers, mushrooms, and provolone. So basically upgrading added mushrooms and green peppers, for only $0.20 cents (That's a good deal in my opinion). Once again I had to pay for fry sauce ($0.25.) I could rant about having to pay for fry sauce but I honestly think this is becoming the standard now, so instead I will praise those who still offer it for free.

My food came out in a timely manner. The first thing I noticed was that the meat was not overflowing the bun, but rather nicely fitting within its bread home. I thought the sandwich was dry and needed more moisture, usually in the form of grease (I have a hard time with dry sandwiches.) I think there is something to be said about a sloppy sandwich, they just seem to be more appealing to me. If I have to pull out my fork to finish off the sandwich that is a great sign.  Overall I wasn't that impressed with the sandwich, the dryness killed me.  I guess I could say it was right on par with what I would expect from a mall food court or fast food  Just remember you don't go to the mall to get food, you go to buy overpriced merchandise and when I was younger to pick up on girls. Would I ever go back to Charley's Grilled Subs to eat, maybe if I was in the mall already and needed to eat, but I doubt I will head there just for the food.

Rating:

Today's Sandwich: 6
Customer Service: 8
Overall Satisfaction: 6

URL:
Charley's Grilled Subs

Charley's Grilled Subs on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment